Now that you have created a company with at least one user, you can either integrate it with an accounting system or use this article to pre-load your lists and use DOKKA's Excel export feature (QBD IIF Export). If you are using our "Default ERP," this article will help you get it set up.
First, prepare the file with your "lists" for upload.
Please download the attached file called "UploadCompanyLists.xlsx."
This is a template for you to follow.
- Column A is required and tells DOKKA what type this value is
- Account: from the Chart of Accounts
- Vendor: Accounts Payable contact
- Customer: Accounts Receivable contact
- Category: Tracking Category, Class, or other optional field
- Tax Rate: must be formatted as the name, space, rate as shown in the template
- Bank: payment account, formatted as name of the account
- Credit: payment account, formatted as name of the account
- Category: one of three generic fields that can be used to store a list (similar to a Class or Tracking Category in some accounting systems)
- Category2: one of three generic fields that can be used to store a list
- Category3: one of three generic fields that can be used to store a list
- Column B is required and holds the value of the list item
- Column C is optional and holds a code corresponding to the list item
Save the file as a CSV file. To do this click on File --> Save As. In the File Format box select Comma Separated Values or .csv. Save the file where you will find it.
Now you can upload it to DOKKA. If you are not already in the Settings screen, click the settings icon at the top right and click the Integrations tab. Select "Export to Excel/CSV Only.".
Click on Import and upload the .CSV file with your lists.
If you get an error message, please correct the issue and try again to upload the file. Once the file is uploaded, click Save and go back to the Workspace.
When you export the transactions, you will have the option to export in Excel or csv formats (there is also an IIF option for Quickbooks Desktop). DOKKA also offers customized export formats for certain ERPs. If we support your accounting system, make sure to select the correct format from the "CSV/Excel export format" list in the Settings --> Integrations page, as shown above.
Time to Work
Now you can process documents with your lists ready to work for you. To learn how to process documents, check out these articles: