DOKKA's new Grid View feature is a powerful tool that lets you put all your documents in order.
With one click, you can switch from the familiar Gallery View to a Grid View of all the invoices/Documents:
You can change the width of the columns by dragging the sides of the column.
You can also change the columns' order by dragging an entire column:
By clicking on the three lines to the right of the column name, the following menu will be opened:
Clicking the left icon will open a menu that will allow you to show or hide columns of your choice. Clicking the right icon will show an option to autosize all columns.
There are several actions that you can use when working in Grid View:
1. Filter values/data in each of the columns.
2. Convenient overview of all the data by preference (by supplier, date, etc.).
3. Exporting documents straight into an Excel report.
4. Calculation of summary of amounts.
5. Saving filter configurations for later usage.
6. Sharing saved filter configurations with other DOKKA users.
7. Publishing several documents together in one click.
1. Filtering values/data in columns -
By clicking on the filter icon (which looks like a funnel), you can choose which invoices you would like to view in the table.
Each column has its very own filter and by clicking on it, you can choose which values you would like to be displayed.
You can also select multiple filters simultaneously, for instance - invoices that are associated with a certain liability account and on a particular date.
2. Convenient overview of all the data by individual preference
The grid can be sorted by many variables, like vendor name, date, currency, etc.
By clicking on the arrows next to the name of each column in the table, the rows will be sorted in order. Clicking the arrow that points upwards will sort the documents from A to Z or from small to large for the values in the selected column. Clicking the arrow that points downwards will do the opposite - it will sort the documents from Z to A or from large to small for the values in the selected column. After clicking one of the arrows, it will be filled with black color:
Clicking the filled arrow again will return the documents to their normal order. You will see that the arrow turns to blank again.
3. Exporting Excel reports -
Once you have selected which data you would like to see, you can export this information into the form of an Excel Sheet.
You must select the rows that you would like to export.
If you would like to select all the rows, that's possible as well. You can do that by clicking on the square situated on top of the top right-hand side of the table.
As soon as you select more than one row – a long rectangular toolbar will appear, indicating the exact number of rows that were selected. (In our example - 32)
To export the selected rows into the form of an Excel sheet, you must select the Arrow Box icon situated to the right of the “Download icon”. (Marked in the screenshot in red square):
4. Calculating summaries of amounts -
You can calculate the summary of numerical values in one column of the table by choosing the desired values, either by drawing a rectangle around the desired values (as shown in the following figure) or by clicking the Ctrl button (Command in Mac) while clicking the desired values with your mouse. The count and summary of the selected values will be shown at the bottom of the screen.
You can also tick the checkboxes next to the rows you want to select, and then click the headline of the column you want to calculate the summary of:
5. Saving filter configurations for later usage -
If you use certain filter configurations multiple times, DOKKA allows you to save filter configurations for later usage.
Saving the filter and sorting configurations allows you to work much more efficiently and saves the time that is required to configure the filters and sorting.
To save a filter configuration:
1. Click on the configurations list next to the Grid View button, and then click the Save button.
2. Pick a name for this configuration:
This screen also allows you to:
* Save as New - to save this configuration as a new one. If you want to override an existing configuration, untick this option.
* Save for all companies connected to the ERP - to save this configuration to the rest of your companies.
After you've chosen your desired options, click Save to save this configuration.
3. The filter configuration will appear on the configuration list. You can add other configurations by repeating the described steps.
6. Sharing personal filter configurations with other users -
If the filter configuration that you've created is useful for other users in your organizations, you can click the share button, which will open a window on your default E-Mail application, with a link to the selected filter configuration.
7. Publishing of several movements (documents or actions) together
You can publish multiple documents together using the Grid View. For more information about the bulk publish feature, click the following link.