How To Set Up Your DOKKA Company to Process Bookkeeping Entries with Quickbooks Desktop
In order to harness the full power of DOKKA with IIF files, you need to import your Quickbooks (QBD) data into DOKKA. Fortunately, this is a simple process:
Export from QBD:
- Open QBD.
- Go to File -> Utilities -> Export -> Lists to IIF Files.
- Select all lists.
- Click Export and save the file where you can find it.
Import to DOKKA:
- Go to DOKKA.
- Go to Settings -> Integrations.
- Click on Quickbooks Desktop.
- Click Activate.
- Scroll down to the option to "Import account setup."
- Click "Import" and select the file that was exported from QBD.
Your contacts, accounts, classes, etc. have all been imported into DOKKA. Now you're ready to start processing bookkeeping entries.
How to Process Bookkeeping Entries
How to Export Your Bookkeeping Transactions for Importing into QBD
Now that you have some bookkeeping entries ready to bring into QBO, we can discuss how to export the data from DOKKA:
- Using the search box and folders at the top and side of the DOKKA screen, configure the Workspace to show the documents that are ready for export. Only documents that have been Accepted can be exported.
- Select Export -> Export IIF.
- The bookkeeping data for the documents on the Workspace will be exported into an IIF file and saved to your computer.
- Import the file into QDB the same way that you exported the Lists from QBD.
After you export, the documents will be linked, labelled, and locked to help you keep track of what was already exported. There are more details here.